Patients with critical open abdominal wounds require specialized treatment. When primary closure is not possible or repeat entries are necessary, you may require a comprehensive NPWT solution designed specifically for the open abdomen. The RENASYS AB supports the clinical goals of temporary abdominal closure in open abdomen patients, and works in conjunction with Smith & Nephew's RENASYS EZ Plus device, a powerful pump that is compatible with all RENASYS dressing kits.
Why choose RENASYS AB?
Fast, simple application.
- The RENASYS AB Kit includes everything needed to achieve temporary abdominal closure.
- The organ protection layer is large enough to cover exposed areas, yet easy to apply, saving costly OR time
- Two pieces of pre-shaped foam allow you to meet specific needs and circumstances of the patient's open abdomen management
- The port dressing is simple and intuitive in design and application
Supports clinical goals.
- The RENASYS AB Kit protects and controls the abdominal contents by providing separation between the abdominal wall and the viscera. It also removes exudate and allows estimation of fluid loss, helps reduce edema, provides medial tension to slow fascia retraction, and supports timely primary fascia closure of the open abdomen.
A cost-effective solution.
- The RENASYS AB Kit is recommended for use with the powerful and intuitive RENASYS EZ Plus device, which can also be used with the RENASYS-F Foam Dressing Kits and RENASYS-G Gauze Dressing Kits.
RENASYS Open Abdominal Solution resources:
- RENASYS AB Open Abdomen Brochure (PDF, 598KB)
- RENASYS AB Quick Reference Dressing Application Guide (PDF, 2.44MB)